Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Search option disappeared

@pattiq22

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JagOU1
Reel Rookie

I had the same thing happen! I loved that option because it really helps when trying to find a show on all streaming apps. What up?!

0 Kudos
JB97

Same thing just happened to me. Also tried the system update and nothing. Has anyone figured this out? Would be a huge bummer if we can't get the search function back.

0 Kudos
msjeswill
Reel Rookie

Re: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

If this happens all you have to do is press the microphone on your remote (it’s on the remote and the remote app) after pressing the microphone say whatever your looking for. You will then see “thinking” on your tv screen and the thing you searched will be up there as well as other things you may be interested in. Maybe I wasn’t detailed enough on the other reply hopefully this helps everyone 

#search #searchoption #missingsearch

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
onela22
Reel Rookie

Fixed: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

I posted this problem about a month ago, and I wanted to report how we fixed it. System update did not fix it (the problem started right after a system update). Also, as I said, my remote does not support voice search.

But I did go into settings and poke around, and I ultimately chose a new visual interface for the home screen. This seems to have rebooted my left-side menu options, and search came back. I know this is not a very detailed or satisfying explanation. The analogy I'd offer is to installing and uninstalling an app on your phone, or maybe hiding and then re-showing the toolbar in Microsoft Word. I'm convinced I "fixed" this just by getting the television to reorganize what it shows on the home screen, and nudging it back towards the default. Maybe another analogy (which will show how old I am), is banging the back of the tv when the channel was not coming in clearly.

0 Kudos
Oscarb04

Re: Fixed: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

I fixed it! Not sure if this would work for every but I went to Settings > Power > System restart. Once it restarted my "search" tab reappeared.

pa3

YES!!! Tried all the other suggestions, but this one worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
JagOU1
Reel Rookie

Ding-Ding! Thanks, Oscar!

0 Kudos
Etampe

Thank you! Was having same problem. 

0 Kudos
pattiq22
Reel Rookie