Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toblogan
Reel Rookie

Screen mirroring with pic in pic

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to mirror an app, say my Robinhood portfolio, to my 55" TLC in a little box while watching Hulu or some other channel. I would like to know if there is anything remotely like this, or can it even be done?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Screen mirroring with pic in pic

Jump to solution

While its technically possible, I dont know of any such implementation in Miracast (or Chromecast or AirPlay2) receivers (does the TV support PIP/screen splitting otherwise? if not, then it'll never happen), using only internal apps/functionality, most likely due to DRM limitations/restrictions.

However, If your TV supports PIP/screen splitting (but not with internal apps) on multiple inputs, you could add Roku/FireTV/Google/etc devices to 2 HDMI inputs, and accomplish what you want that way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Toblogan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I have a TCL 55" Roku TV and not sure about pic-n-pic capability. Although it does show a preview of my computer display and ps4 screen when hovering over their respective channels on the home screen. That's actually where I got the idea. I'm going to see where that gets me. Thanks again, and if you have any other advice for me it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately PIP/splitscreen seems to be deprecated functionality for most TV/STB manufacturers/service providers and even when implemented, has lots of limitations (e.g. LG's Multiview wont allow you to split between HDMI inputs).

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

While its technically possible, I dont know of any such implementation in Miracast (or Chromecast or AirPlay2) receivers (does the TV support PIP/screen splitting otherwise? if not, then it'll never happen), using only internal apps/functionality, most likely due to DRM limitations/restrictions.

However, If your TV supports PIP/screen splitting (but not with internal apps) on multiple inputs, you could add Roku/FireTV/Google/etc devices to 2 HDMI inputs, and accomplish what you want that way.

0 Kudos
Toblogan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I have a TCL 55" Roku TV and not sure about pic-n-pic capability. Although it does show a preview of my computer display and ps4 screen when hovering over their respective channels on the home screen. That's actually where I got the idea. I'm going to see where that gets me. Thanks again, and if you have any other advice for me it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately PIP/splitscreen seems to be deprecated functionality for most TV/STB manufacturers/service providers and even when implemented, has lots of limitations (e.g. LG's Multiview wont allow you to split between HDMI inputs).

0 Kudos