Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen is black on roku tv

Starting this morning my Roku TV Model 7106x, Serial number YN00T5185706 displays a black screen. Audio is working but no picture. I tried factory reset but the screen flickers a picture momentarily then goes black. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Were you able to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Screen is black on roku tv

Hi @Summerall71

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sbpathk08

I’m having the issue while trying to watch prime 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Sbpathk08

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

- What Roku model device are you using?
- Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
- What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? 
- How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Roku TV displaying a black screen but can still hear audio, we would recommend unplugging your TV for 10-15 minutes then powering it back up again to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billy22

Just picked up a 55” TCL Roku TV from Best Buy this past Sunday after reading great reviews. Worked great for a couple of days then got the black screen syndrome that many people are complaining of on this board. Good thing I found this forum and that the issue has still not been resolved. I’m still within Best Buy’s return policy window. I have a feeling there’s going to be a few of these stacked up behind the counter. 

…..and now await the automated miraculous unplug for 15 min fix

0 Kudos
rkmcniel
Streaming Star

Unfortunately there’s a whole lot of people experiencing this. Can’t get anything but the robotic answers. I just purchased a Samsung 75 to replace my 75R615 TCL ROKU that I just bought in 2019. 
Now I can’t get my Streambar Pro to connect to my Roku app on my iPhone so I can’t use my headphones at night. Getting really frustrated with Roku / TCL. 

0 Kudos
rkmcniel
Streaming Star

We’ve all tried or contacted the manufacturer to no avail. No one will take responsibility. 

0 Kudos
brandon8745
Channel Surfer

I just got home 10 mins ago. My roku tv screen is black also. Could here the tv but the screen was black. Like you said.....i tried the reset trick and my screen flickered fast to where i couldnt make out what it said. I tried the reset button multiple times amd tried unplugging it for about 10 mins as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @brandon8745

Thank you for the inquiry!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue. Send us the TV brand name if you need their contact info!

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos