Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGraham1225
Level 7

Screen glows but no image - tried replacing boards to no avail

TV I am trying to fix:

Model: TCL 55US57

Service Number: 55US57TGAA

Serial No.: 1606GTC000557A01148

Manufactured: June 2016

ISSUE I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE WITH:

About 6 months ago, this TV lost its picture. When turned on, I immediately heard a very high pitched humming then the screen lit up, it still had sound, but no picture came on the screen. I recently decided to fix it, so after some research, I determined it was most likely a board and I ordered all new boards for the TCL 55US57. After replacing all boards, it was the same issue; a high pitched humming, the TV would glow but show no picture and the audio still worked. When powered on, it would continually turn on, then off, then on.... until I unplugged it. I did swap the two T-Con board ribbons to see if that may change anything and when turned on, it actually ended up showing two bright halves of glowing colors on the screen. Both halves did not show any content, simply glowing colors, clearly different from one another. This gave me hope because I thought perhaps it was just those two ribbons causing the problem. I then attempted swapping them once again and I was no longer able to reproduce that response. Finally, I did one last swap of the t-con ribbons and one of the circuits on the T-Con board began smoking. I then decided I did not want to break anything else and wanted to ask for your expertise on what may be going on with my TCL (Roku) TV. Any and all feedback or ideas would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jwcanfixit
Level 7

Re: Screen glows but no image - tried replacing boards to no avail

I have a similar issue. Glowing colors on screen but no "image" or humming. Let me know if youve figured anything out

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Screen glows but no image - tried replacing boards to no avail

@Jwcanfixit 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos