Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Renold96

Re: Screen mirroring problems

Jump to solution

How I send pictures from my phone to my tv tcl roku tv?

[thread moved and topic changed]

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen mirroring problems

Jump to solution

You can send pictures using the Roku app on your phone. There's no way to get your Facebook on your Roku unless you can get screen mirroring to work. It does't work with an iPhone, but with an Android device you have a better chance of success. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
krobinso
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Hello, I wish to warn anyone else thinking of buying a Roku Insignia Television to not do it!!! I've contacted Best Buy and Roku.  Only to confirm it doesn't work and they don't care.   I have an older model Insignia that mirrored for one year and updated to never mirror again.  I had to add a Chromecast stick to my Roku TV!!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think a non-smart TV per se with lotsa ports (as needed) is the wiser choice.

As far as mirroring,

If you have a spare HDMI port on your TV then you can get a Graphics card with one as well.

I dont use Windows except virtually and even then not much.

But I think you should be looking at a hardware solution.

Thats what Ive been using hdmi to hdmi flawless

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos

Re: How to fix screen mirroring not working with my Roku device

Jump to solution

I faced an issue when connecting Windows 10 to Roku. The screen mirror was not working, I don’t know why maybe the Roku might have stuck at a limbo state.

I wasn’t sure what to do so, I simply update my Windows to its newer version but it did not work. Then I remove the paired device from Roku and then added another device.

This time it worked, Windows 10 got connected with the Roku device and I was able to screen mirror the video from the device to Roku.

Actually, I found this solution in this blog- http://www.pcerror-fix.com/roku-screen-mirroring-not-working-windows-10

vitor_rm

Jump to solution

For those facing the screen mirrorning  that gets listed by Windows (Or Android), but when you try to connect, it hangs in a limbo state, try to link your Roku with an US Account.

----

I bought my Roku in USA and the screen mirror was working fine, but after I did a factory reset and linked  it with an account I created in Brazil, the screen mirrorning stoped working. I tried many things and many factory resets, but nothing fixed it.

It only started working again when I used a VPN to create an US account, did another factory reset and linked the Roku with this new account.

There is probably some channel that gets automatically installed for US accounts that make things work.

dpupek
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen mirroring not working (FIX)

Jump to solution

The miracast screen mirroring uses bluetooth to connect. The RokuTvs come with an IR remote.

So I thought maybe bluetooth is bust on the RokuTv. I paired one of my other Roku Bluetooth Remotes and it paired fine.

When I went back to my computer the RokuTv was now discoverable. I think you need to pair at least one device in order to get it to turn on the bluetooth R/T

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
walkw1

Jump to solution

I had purchased both my Windows 10 computer and my TCL 65S425 in 2019. The screen mirroring had worked before, but now I was having trouble. Yes, as others said, it connects to my Android phone without a problem, so I figured it was something with Windows. I went to Intel and updated a few drivers, one of which was a Bluetooth driver and also a Wireless Adapter driver. Use this link, it'll scan your system and recommend drivers to update. It's the Intel website so I trusted it, don't seem to have any issues. Anyway, my computer finds it now and connects!

#https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

0 Kudos
Gbrown872740
Reel Rookie

Roku TV screen mirroring not working, won't connect

Jump to solution

I have a 32 inch sanyo roku tv and I am trying to mirror my Samsung A10e smart phone. I've completed all instructions but no connection to tv.

The TV is listed in the Smart View menu but when asked to mirror screen it does not connect. TV screen mirroring mode is set to to (Always allow).

Tags (1)
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix screen mirroring not working with my Roku device

Jump to solution

Switch the Screen Mirroring Mode setting to "Prompt", then disable/enable Wifi on your phone and try connecting in SmartView again - you should then see a TV dialog asking "Always Allow/Allow/Block/ Always Block" - choose "Always Allow" (be patient, some devices can take up to 30 seconds to connect).

If you ever have trouble connecting after that, simply disabling/enabling Wifi on the mirroring device fixes connection problems 98% of the time.

Its best to leave the Mirroring Mode at "Prompt" for any additional devices you have, and for privacy/security reasons as well.