Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Samsung a20 wont screen mirror to sense ruko tv

How do you stream content that is not in the Roku app using the Roku app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Had the TV maybe a week and am going to return it to the store and get a Samsung.

Highlighted
Level 7

@John3xv1  what kind of TV are we talking about?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Vdc1982 what kind of TV are you having trouble using? I think the problem is not with the phone but with the brand of TV.

I have multiple Roku TVs in my home and there's only one brand it doesn't work with. To test my theory I ran up to Walmart and Best buy using a total of 40 different TVs and I found one brand in particular, Hisense, doesn't work with the mirroring app it's the TV problem they need to release an update firmware for the TV to fix it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Turns out the problem was the router. Not all are compatible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@genesisbound I have a TCL smart t.v. with built in Roku. It worked when I first bought it then it stopped working. Not sure why. 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Did you change routers or phones? My Note 3s worked fine with my Comcrap TG862G modem/router but my new A20s with Smart View would not until I got a different router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It has now started working again. Idk if its because I bought a signal booster for my wifi or if there was software update, but it works again so if anyone has an TCL roku tv and a Samsung a20 mine works now.

0 Kudos