Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Samsung a20 wont screen mirror to sense ruko tv

@lisamessa23 

When you tap the Smart view icon, on your phone does it open a menu like the one in this picture?Smartview OptionsSmartview Options

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm having the same problem. It used to work on my t.v. now it doesn't. I've tried all the things listed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes it shows the tv however when I click on the roku tv it does nothing 

Highlighted
Level 8

Yes I click on that the screen comes up to what devices are available but when I click on the Roku TV nothing happens and yes I have clicked it on 2 on the Roku TV for screen mirroring

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

There is a more fundamental problem with the a20 to Roku connection issue. I have a TCL Roku tv that streams beautifully with my Note 3s, but the new a20s will recognize the tv but always times out without connecting. I have spent hours on the phone with Samsung and Roku to no avail. Nobody has been able to figure it out so far. I also have a Samsung smart tv that will not connect the same way (but also works fine with my Note 3s) so I suspect the problem is in the a20 Smart view software.

Highlighted
Level 7

The a21 has the same problem, it does not have the "smart view" option on the drop-down menu either (i doubt it has anything to do with it), the ROKU brand app (the one with the remote control) it connects over mutually used router with no problem, it (the ROKU app) also will play movies I have saved on my phone. Occam's razor = Roku does not want the mirroring option to work at the moment, also why the techs at Roku have not given the answer on the official (commercial) Roku site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

After reading some other posts regarding the same issue with different phones, the common thread was they all have newer Android operating systems. I am beginning to suspect the problem is the Roku software not being updated to be compatible with the newer Android operating systems. My Note 3 runs on OS 5 and it mirrors flawlessly. My A20 runs on OS 9 and will not connect. Other posts refer to OS 6 sometimes working, but nothing above that works at all.  Can anyone else confirm my assumption?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I contacted Roku and they responded that they are not having an issue with screen mirroring with phones using Android OS 9, so now I'm back to thinking it's a Samsung problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Samsung tech support told me smart view is not designed to work with Roku devices so we've all been wasting a lot of time and effort trying to get it to work.  Does anyone know of a mirroring app that I could download that will work with Rokus?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Screen mirroring used to work with my Roku tv, but all of a sudden stopped. Maybe because of an update. The easiest way to mirror is to use the Roku app.

0 Kudos