Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt0028

Re: [10.5.0] TCLRokuTV Game mode keeps dimming image rapidly. [5 months still no fix]

I was very thankful to have found this thread which explains an identical issue that I’m also experiencing… but I see no fixes. Issue is identical to mine: I’m completely unable to disable the brightness auto adjustments in game mode regardless of settings. Has there been any update?

Deebo70
Channel Surfer

Re: [10.5.0] TCLRokuTV Game mode keeps dimming image rapidly. [5 months still no fix]

@matt0028 

Sadly no, the best temporary "fix" I have done is put the brightness up all the way and it isn't as jarring when it happens. But this isn't a fix. I hope the issue gets resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Deebo70
Channel Surfer

Re: [10.5.0] TCL Roku TV update. Game mode keeps dimming image.

@RokuDanny-R 

Any word on the issue being resolved soon? The issue hasn't been resolved in 4 months.

In patch 10.5.0, a bug was introduced that kept DynamicContrast enabled when GameMode was also enabled despite the fact it says it is "unavailable."

So it needs to be fixed so that Dynamic Contrast is Truly Disabled when Game Mode is enabled.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [10.5.0] TCL Roku TV update. Game mode keeps dimming image.

@Deebo70

Thanks for the post.

I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time. I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to follow up. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos