Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

RokuTV, sudden failure of WiFi

Jump to solution

I have a RokuTV version 5144X model 43S305. It's been working fine for several years now. No recent changes to my network, wifi etc. In the last two weeks, around the time it updated to software 9.3, I turned it on and it refused to connect to wifi. I just get the red X by 'WiFi' after it tries to connect for several seconds. 

• I used the WiFi secret menu to reset the driver and chip, but it didn't fix the issue. The WiFi secret menu doesn't show any signal level.
  • I rebooted using the system menu, no dice.
  • I tried connecting to another nearby wifi, and it fails to connect.
  • My wifi settings haven't changed recently, but just to be sure I rebooted my router and made sure 2Ghz wifi is turned on. No change.

Nothing I do can get it to see any wifi signal.

The RokuTV doesn't have an ethernet port, but I have a USB ethernet dongle that happens to work. If I plug it in and reboot the TV can access the internet, but the time displayed is way off for some reason. The dongle is flaky too, so it's not a long-term solution. If I power off the TV and come back later, the dongle quits working, I have reboot to get it to work again. So the dongle is only really useful as a last-resort way to access the internet.

Can you help me out? I'm baffled as what to do next. I don't care about the ethernet dongle not working, I really just want to get wifi back to normal, but if we can use the internet connectivity of the dongle to help revert the software version, that would be cool.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: RokuTV, sudden failure of WiFi

Jump to solution

Whoops. Turns out in my case I accidentally blocked the TV at the router level. No idea how that happened, but it works now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: RokuTV, sudden failure of WiFi

Jump to solution

Whoops. Turns out in my case I accidentally blocked the TV at the router level. No idea how that happened, but it works now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos