Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seafarer
Level 7

RokuTV still talking

I pressed the * button 4 times. It says the verbal menu is disabled but the da$$ thing is still talking! It's driving me crazy!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: RokuTV still talking

Try the menu method: Settings/Accessibility/Audio Guide. Make sure this setting says Off. On my Sharp TV, there's also a Shortcut setting that lets you disable the * button press to toggle the voice. Set that to disabled. That way you can't trigger it in error. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Seafarer
Level 7

It turned out that it was the satellite program that was doing it and not the Roku TV.

Thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

OK, that's a new one!  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
pammie0888
Level 7

I still can't shut her up! I have followed all recommend directions! Help
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"pammie0888" wrote:
I still can't shut her up! I have followed all recommend directions! Help

This is a year old thread, so you may have a different problem. Please start from the beginning. What model Roku, what firmware version, what is happening, and what have you tried?
Dan
0 Kudos