Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
superrob1500
Level 7

RokuTV Apple TV+ HDR issues

Hey guys, so decided to bite the bullet for the Apple TV+ trial to test some of the shows out and as I was binging I noticed that once I got to Ep. 5, HDR was not loading at all no matter that what I did even though it seems to be getting to 4K quality. So I tried with the other shows (the weekly ones at least) and they seem to be having the same issue (eps 1-4 load HDR 5 doesn't). Anyone else have this problem at the moment or am I an isolated case? So far I have tried signing out and back in, removing the channel, unplugging the TV for a minute and reinstalling the channel.

Roku TV: 7121X

Device: TCL 65R615

Version: 9.2.0 b 4129-30

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Bigkevdawg71
Level 7

Re: Apple TV+ HDR issues

Yep Episode 5 of See and also Reese Witherspoon show not working. I tried tonight episode 6 hdr still not working this is some BS but I’ll watch it anyways, just on GP Netflix never has this problem???
Highlighted
superrob1500
Level 7

Re: Apple TV+ HDR issues

It seems to have gotten worse foe me today, now nothing other than a few select trailers seem to load in HDR. Still don't know if this is an issue on Apple or Roku's side. I have tried calling Apple support just in case but as expected no help there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbhardman
Level 9

Re: RokuTV Apple TV+ HDR issues

All of the shows on Apple TV+ have just stopped playing in HDR for me. They used to. Netflix HDR no problem.

Highlighted
TheHoff
Level 7

Yes same for me. Had watched a couple of shows like all of mankind and see and they were displaying in hdr (get the hdr banner on my LG oled) now when I play any tv show no HDR at all on any of them even the ones that previously displayed in hdr.
However if I play a purchased 4k hdr movie on Apple TV app it does play in HDR so it’s just the tv shows it seems with no HDR.
Anyone else have this issue?
Any confirmation from a roku admin if this problem and any fix??
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
superrob1500
Level 7

Yes that is precisely where I'm at, I did speak to an Apple Support Senior Advisor on Friday about the issue and filled a detailed report including pictures and supposedly they will get back at me once they get a response from the engineering team. We shall see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bigkevdawg71
Level 7

I also talked to Apple support team and was issued a ticket on the her situation. Still waiting on a call from the admin from Apple on the cause and fix. But as we all know it’s not fixed yet but I’m sure they are on their jobs so let’s hang on in there until we get our beautiful pictures back that we PAID FOR. Patience
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbhardman
Level 9

I reported to Apple and was given instructions on what is required to watch HDR Smiley Sad. They of course think it’s my setup’s fault.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Skin25
Level 8

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/apples-tv-app-is-on-roku-fire-tv-and-samsu...

Sorry I didn’t get a better link but per this if it’s Apple TV plus using the app then Roku tv does not support DV , atmos and HDR
0 Kudos
Highlighted
superrob1500
Level 7

Please don't spread misinformation, the chart in article itself only references DV support. We may not get DV but we do get at least HDR10 and this is confirmed since content was (and some is) being displayed in HDR. Also I'm pretty sure if that they didn't support HDR outside of their devices it would be a bad business move and Apple support would have corrected me cause' I made it clear my case was with a Roku TV.

0 Kudos