Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarenciaB

Roku won’t connect or find certain networks

Im needing some assistance with my roku. It won’t connect to wifi after factory reset or anything. It also can’t pick up my other connection im trying to connect too(personal hotspot) . I don’t know what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect or find certain networks

@CarenciaB 

Generally, attempting to connect to a mobile hotspot is a good troubleshooting step for determining the connection ability of the Roku hardware.  If a Roku device fails to connect to both a hotspot and wireless network connection (wifi), then pretty good indicator you have a failed device.  

If new, replace it from place of purchase.  If under a year, should qualify for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

---

The above being said, you can try verifying the below.

1. The Roku device is being powered through the power adapter at wall outlet (not TV USB power port) to eliminate power supply issue affecting the wireless NIC hardware.

2. The mobile hotspot is configured to use the 2.4ghz band if your device is 2.4ghz only. (Roku Express 390x and Roku premiere 392x models).  Personal hotspots should have a "Compatibility" setting (Apple) or individual option (Android) to select 2.4/5ghz in the setting options.

----

However, since this forum section is for RokuTV, not Roku devices, and assuming you have a RokuTV, you can verify if your wireless NIC in the TV is actually working by going to Settings/Network/About and seeing if you have a Wireless MAC address.  If you see all zeros (00:00:00:00:00:00) then the network card/chip has failed.   You can try an ethernet connection (wired ethernet cable) if your RokuTV is so equipped.  If not, then the wireless NIC will need to be replaced/repaired in the RokuTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos