Djeternally
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Hello,

my speakers have been popping for the past few weeks. Please let me know the information that you need. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Djeternally

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we would like to know more about the issue you've encountered for us to assist further. May we know what specific Roku audio device you are having issues with? Also, may we know when you first encountered this issue? Further, does the issue only happen when streaming a specific channel or happens throughout the Roku platform?

Please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Djeternally
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have the Roku Wireless Speakers, Roku Streambar, and Roku Onn Wireless Subwoofer. I am not sure if it's just the subwoofer or if all speakers are popping. It happens intermittently throughout the entire Roku platform. It seems to be more prominent when there is more bass in the audio. I first encountered this issue in the first week of January. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Djeternally

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for providing us with information regarding the issue you've experienced with your Roku audio devices, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please provide the information requested by @RokuJanadeeK above this thread? This information is significant to be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for updates regarding the ongoing investigation of this issue.

Once we have this information, an update will be provided to the team.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Djeternally
Reel Rookie

Hello,

While collecting the requested information, I was able to find a setting that resolved my issue. I was looking for the speaker data and went to Settings/Audio. In that menu, I found the option Audio Output. This setting was set to Auto. I changed the setting to ARC (Roku Streambar).

IMG_1491.jpeg

I tested the audio on multiple applications and a BluRay player. The speakers have not popped at all after two hours of testing. If the problem comes back I will let you know but it seems like this resolved my issue! I hope this helps others having this problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Djeternally

We appreciate your update and letting us know about the workaround you've discovered. Assuredly, we'll be here to continue assisting you moving forward if the issue persists.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scoutyjones2
Reel Rookie

I have mine on that setting and it pops.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @scoutyjones2!

We'd be more than happy to assist you concerning your Roku player audio issues but we'll need additional information.

Kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Please specify if you are experiencing this issue with your Roku subwoofer or streambar. 
  • Is this happening to a specific app? If so, please specify.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve this issue?

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. Looking forward!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PTznic9yet
Binge Watcher

I have this issue too. I'm using a streambar pro with 1 sub, 4 speakers. The popping happens primarily on the YouTube TV app but I've heard it on Netflix and Plex a few times. What do you need from me to fix the issue?

0 Kudos
Jason187
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU surround speakers popping

It is now late January and I last posted 12/26/2023 about this popping in the speakers issue, and STILL NO ANSWER or fix??!! It’s sad because I love ROKU and I would love the experience of surround sound without this MAJOR issue!!! Even worse is I dont blast or push any of these speakers as my volume only goes to 18 out off 100, and still popping starts. All 4 surrounds and subwoofer are less than 5 months old too. Idk what its going to take to fix this issue but it is making me regret going to ROKU avenue for sound. Also, there are several posts related to the same issue and still no answer?? We want help!!!