cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seplant
Channel Surfer

Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Jump to solution

I set up a Roku system with a Hisense Roku TV connected through the HDMI ARC output to a Roku soundbar with wireless subwoofer.  I am hearing a popping or knocking noise coming from the subwoofer. It appears that this noise is happening only with certain streaming sources.  I hear it on all VUDU titles, Disney+, some HBO films, but not that I can tell on Netflix or YouTube.  I have tried cycling through all available sound settings, but it does not help.  I have seen other posts describing similar issues, but none of the suggestions in those posts have any affect on my issue.  Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
seplant
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@seplant 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

I think I was able to resolve this issue by performing a factory reset on the subwoofer.  I heard the popping noise once after doing this, but have yet to hear it again.  I will report back if the issue returns.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mysterion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I moved my subwoofer closer to the sound bar, from 10 feet to 1.5 feet, and the issue seems to be resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@seplant 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@seplant 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

I think I was able to resolve this issue by performing a factory reset on the subwoofer.  I heard the popping noise once after doing this, but have yet to hear it again.  I will report back if the issue returns.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
seplant
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It turns out that my issue was not resolved. My setup with a Roku soundbar and subwoofer still has the popping/clicking noise coming from the subwoofer. This is happening consistently with Netflix, Disney+, VUDU, and Plex. I haven't tried any other services. No audio settings changes have any effect on the subwoofer popping/clicking sound.  Has a resolution to this issue been found yet? 

maxamillion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue, it's only happening on one of mine though. I have three Roku Soundbar + Wireless Subwoofer sets on three different televisions in my house and only one of them is doing this but I don't understand why.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@maxamillion 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DTP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I was able to get the popping noise to stop by doing a factory reset on the subwoofer. However, now it will not connect to the Roku sound bar or the Roku TV. It is a 9201X Model number subwoofer.

Any help would be great,

Dan P.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DTP 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues pairing my Roku Wireless Subwoofer?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DTP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I tried all the trouble shooting. The subwoofer is not found by the Roku sound bar or the Roku TV. I factory reset the TV and the subwoofer and still no luck. All have power to them and a strong internet connection. The subwoofer is only two feet away from the tv and sound bar. I can connect other blue tooth devices to the sound bar but it is not picking up the subwoofer. Is the 3 month old Roku subwoofer have a problem or is it defective? I feel like I wasted $180.00 on this thing. Please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DTP 

Thanks for the information.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos