Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamC
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku wireless speakers consistently losing connection with Roku TV

No help on the issue or software update problem is still on going. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mmg13206 @SamC,

Thanks for the update.

Have you sent us a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I too am also struggling with this frustrating situation where my speakers lose connection to my TCL Roku Tv. Every time they disconnect I consistently have to reset the tv then I have to reconnect the speakers. But for what because after I do this a couple days later it does the same thing with some days having it disconnecting more than once. It is such a pain in the **bleep** to maintain the connection with the tv and it’s just a little bit disappointing due to how often they disconnect.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@andrewxluna

Thanks for the post.

If your Roku wireless speakers are being disconnected, there is no need to reset the TV. We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues pairing my Roku® wireless speakers?
Pleas keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joshuabporter
Reel Rookie

We’ve done all that. They don’t pair unless I turn the TV off and back on. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@joshuabporter

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team to follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
psm9
Reel Rookie

This happened to me, as well. I have a TCL toku TC and the wireless speakers

I have Xfinity internet.

The speakers worked well until a few mos ago. Then, randomly, the speakers would disconnect for a few seconds at the same time, the TV lost wifi connection.  I reconnected the TV and the speakers would re-connect automatically.

Soon after that started, the speakers disconnected and would not reconnect. I have spent the last 2 months communicating very.....slowly..... with Roku tech support. They would email once per day, then I'd respond.

During that time, they sent me two(!) sets of replacement speakers. Neither worked.

After several more useless email exchanges, I found a number for tech support. After the usual troubleshooting steps, she had me connect the TV to a different Wifi network. (I used my phone as a hotspot). When we did that, the speakers paired and worked great!

Until I reconnected the TV to my home wifi. The speakers immediately disconnected.

It has something to do with Xfinity's gateway, but I have no clue what. After figuring out the problem, the Roku tech support person just told me to call Xfinity.   Haven't had a chance to do that, yet.

0 Kudos
bobster1965
Reel Rookie

There is certainly an issue. I’ve had my roku TCL TV and speakers for 1-1:2 years with no issues. Now, every few days the speakers need resetting as does my roku subwoofer.

all updates say completed, so MUST be either a  speaker issue or roku TV issue. 
Ive about had it though, as it’s a real pain to keep moving everything, pressing reset buttons and going through the pairing, every few days. What’s going on?!

0 Kudos
SteveMc
Reel Rookie

Same problem here. Speakers randomly disconnect. I've done all of the recommended troubleshooting and updates. I am most frustrated with Roku's continued direction to the recommended troubleshooting guide without any real help. I was so excited about these speakers being just what I needed with my Roku TV when I purchased them. Now very disappointed. It would be nice to speak with someone from Roku that could help. 

0 Kudos
psm9
Reel Rookie

On my end, everything was fixed with a new Xfinity gateway/router.

I had been using an XB7 router made by Arris.  They swapped it out for one made by Technicolor.

The speakers have  worked since then

0 Kudos