Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plabel

Roku wireless speakers consistently losing connection with Roku TV

My Bluetooth Roku speakers lost their connection to my Roku TV apparently, randomly.

After reading the forums, making sure my TV firmware is up to date (it is), removing the speakers from the Roku TV devices, resetting the speakers, rebooting the TV, re-pairing the speakers, resetting them again (the re-pairing did not work initially), then re-pairing the speakers (multiple times), they eventually worked. Then, the next day, the speakers were no longer paired (urg….hours wasted to get it to work, then it failed again at the next time I turned on the TV).

Can I send them back in for a replacement or is there any remote tech support offered? I'd rather not spend another 4 hours doing all of the same troubleshooting steps required to have them work if they are going to lose their connectivity immediately after turning off the TV.

Frustrating... 

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku wireless speakers consistently losing connection with Roku TV

@Plabel Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to gather a few more details to try and better understand your setup and the issue you're running into. 

- Do you have Fast TV start enabled in Settings>System>Power? If not, turn this on. Does the issue persist? 

- When you say the speakers are no longer paired when you power your TV back on, do they no longer appear in Settings>Remotes and devices on your TV, or are they just not connected to the TV? If they are still paired, but not connected, you should still see two entries in 'Remotes and devices' for Speaker (L) and Speaker (R).

- Is your Roku TV connected to your wireless network or an ethernet connection for internet? 

- Is your wireless router broadcasting on the 2.4 or 5GHz network? If 2.4GHz, have you tried changing your settings to enable 5GHz and see if this resolves the issue? 

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless network? Sometimes interference can cause issues maintaining connections. Changing the wireless broadcast channel, to one not in use by other networks around you, can often help improve this type of issue. Your ISP or router manufacturer can help assist with making these changes.

Please keep us posted from there and we'll continue assisting you. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
mharen

Re: Bluetooth speakers cutting in and out

@RokuDanny-R  I’m having a similar issue. My Roku speakers drop out for less than a second several times a minute. It’s particularly noticeable when playing Switch, or during scenes with music in other roku apps like prime video. 

my tv is connected with Ethernet. 

any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Pls-Just-Work
Reel Rookie

I too am having the same issue. I had a set of Roku wireless speakers I loved and had no issues with, but I moved them to a vacation rental property. The new set, however, disconnects from the TV every couple of minutes and then reconnects after another minute (so the sound switches from the wireless to speakers, the to the speakers on my Roku TV. I've tried disabling DFS Channels on my Verizon Gateway router, and issue still persists (The TV is on a wireless network).

There is something Verizon has called a "Self Organizing Network" that can be turned on and off. Problem with turning it off, is that our WIFI extenders will no longer work (we have 3 of them). So turning that off is not even an option (not that it's causing the issue anyway, but wanted to mention it).

So to recap, I had a set of Roku wireless speakers I loved and had no issues with, but moved them to another property. The new replacement set I bought do no work correctly, because they continually disconnect from the TV. I now it's not the wireless dropping out, because the TV continues to play (which is also wireless). That means it's an issue with the speakers staying connected to the TV. Again, both are Roku products.

And yes, I made sure the software was updated on the TV and the speaker, prior to linking them. I'm going to pack them up and return them, which is quite a hassle and very disappointing.

0 Kudos
robinsray

Same here. And I could not be more disappointed in these speakers. I've had to reset and pair them again and again, only to have them lose connectivity a week later. I won't be buying a Roku product again.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@robinsray 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
katdog1652

Reconnecting my Roku wireless speakers to my TCL

there is a solution. for a week i have been trying to reconnect my Roku wireless speakers to the same TCL Roku TV. I removed them from my tv and did a factory reset on my network connect (bad connect on WIFI). i removed each speaker by entering the code presented on the individual speaker screen. I then checked for updates to my tv. i tried and tried and tried to get my speakers to pair with my TV again. It kept saying to pair with another roku device. Nothing on the web or on the TV troubleshooting worked or even helped. i finally decided to use my mobile phone to open my Roku app. I used to use the app for remote purposes because i had previously lost my remote in a move. i do not use WIFI on my mobile phone. i clicked on the remote Icon at the bottom of the screen. I told me i needed to connect to the same WIFI network my device is on in order to begin using as a remote control. I wasn't trying to us it as a remote for the TV. I now have 2 Roku remotes. But i connected to the WIFI network anyway. I clicked the connect button. my TV showed up in the "connected" category. It also kept searching for other devices. Nothing showed up for additional devices. My wireless speaker says "please depress the HOME button for 5 seconds". You know i have been listening to my speakers say that for the last week and it never does anything. I depressed the HOME button for 5 seconds. The screen on the tv showed devices to pair. i selected speakers. It finally said finding 2 of 2 withing 10 seconds....MY SPEAKERS ARE WORKING AGAIN. After a week of trying everything. Moral of the story...download the Roku app on your phone.  connect to  WIFI  on your phone (same network as TV). click REMOTE at bottom of phone screen. click connect on phone screen. Let it pair with your ROKU TV. Then use the TV roku remote to press the home button for 5 seconds and follow the screen prompts on your Roku TV to re-pair your plugged in Roku wireless speakers. YAYE!!!! i certainly hope this helps somebody. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
CulbyJones

Hello,

I am having the same issues. They worked like a dream for just under a year and now, I can barely go two days before they stop working. 

I’ve confirmed all of the items from your list above (5g, power ON, etc.), but am still having issues.

When this happens, I unplug+plug the speakers and hold reset. She tells me (loudly...) how to pair by holding down the home button for 5 seconds, which doesn’t work. In devices, I attempt to connect, but it doesn’t go anywhere beyond saying searching for speaker 1 of 2...

I would like to discuss a replacement. Please, let me know who to contact and what my options are. I really want to like these speakers.

Liz C

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CulbyJones 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pls-Just-Work
Reel Rookie

I was able to get this resolved. Took 2 hours on the phone with Verizon, but it's now resolved. Basically I had to split my wifi connections into two (one for 2.8G and one for 5G). Then I had to set each signal to a static channel. Not sure why it took so long to accomplish on Verizon's end, but doing both of the above fixed the issue.

0 Kudos