Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku wireless speakers background sound only

Wireless speakers initially contained all sound but on day 2 I only get background sounds. Unpaired and repaired but sound bar only has spoken sound and the two wireless speakers only have background sound. Idk how to send all sound to the wireless speakers. Roku Streambar Roku TV Wireless Speakers 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku wireless speakers background sound only

@jackiejohnson68

Thanks for the post.

The sound that you are hearing is most likely caused since you are connected to a Roku Streambar creating a whole home theater setup.

For more information about the correct placement of your speakers, visit our Support page here: Optimal speaker placement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku wireless speakers background sound only

This isn’t the problem. The speakers worked just fine, all sound coming out of all speakers on the day I installed them. Now I either only get background sound, so no spoken words just background noise, or I get no sound at all. They will work fine when initially repaired, I’ve had to do this daily, but eventually the sound stops working altogether. I want to know why they A) Don’t stay paired to the Roku streambar and B) when paired they lose stereo sound and only play background noise after a few minutes. 

0 Kudos