Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku wireless speakers Bluetooth reboots tv

Just got a TCL 65r625 and Roku wireless speakers. And it when I connect a Bluetooth device it pairs fine but as soon as I hit play tv reboots. Double checked and all updates are in place. Tried multiple devices with same result.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku wireless speakers Bluetooth reboots tv

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. Could you please help provide a few more details about what you're experiencing: 

- What bluetooth device (brand/model) did you pair to your Roku TV / Wireless Speakers? 

- What audio source are you using to play content? 

- Do you see any error messages, etc. on screen before the TV reboots? 

- Have you tried rebooting the TV/bluetooth device both, forgetting the Bluetooth device on the TV, and then re-pairing again? Does the same issue occur? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Level 7

1. I've tried the following pairing these phones:

OnePlus 5 (Android 9)
Samsung Galaxy s9 (Android 9)
Pixel 3a (Android 10)
iPhone 6

All with same result

2. Tried a variety of sources on the phones, Spotify, pocket casts, audible, Amazon music, Libby

3. No error messages. Screen just says playing audio ( though nothing is playing on speakers but my phones indicate song/book/podcast is playing). After a minute the tv reboots.

I have noticed the tv seems to be frozen because if I hit the home button or volume button on Roku bitten during the screen that says playing audio nothing happens.

4. I've unpaired and repaired, unplugged, rebooted speakers, tv, phones etc..in every combination I can think of. No matter what the problem still exists

5. I did find that if I have nothing paired to the tv just launching the bluetooth channel brings up a screen that tells me I need to pair a device which then freezes the tv and reboots it (no error message). So the problem seems to be something with the Bluetooth channel on the Roku menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks again for the extra details here.

We're currently investigating your report. I'll provide any additional updates as they are available. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos