Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jomar1983
Level 7

Roku will not activate on TLC Roku TV

For the past two months......that’s right....MONTHS, I get the following message when trying to activate my Roku TV:

The website experienced an unexpected problem There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Etc.

I’ve tried everything it says to do and it doesn’t work. I see from other threads here that this is an ongoing issue for at least two years. Is there any solution to this problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
4d3fect
Level 7

Re: Roku will not activate on TLC Roku TV

Two months or two years? 

I recently bought a TCL Roku TV, logged in without issue. Apples and oranges? Who can say without more info?

TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
Jomar1983
Level 7

That’s why I would like someone to walk me through it. I had my son call support, they tried to walk him through it. Eventually they gave up and said they were referring it to another department....it was an issue on their end. They were in the process of resolving it.....which never happened. They were suppose to call me back, that never happened either.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

There are lots of people activating Roku devices -- boxes, Sticks, and TVs -- every day. So, there's something odd going on with your situation. Not sure what that might be, so we'll need to start from scratch. Troubleshooting is a process of trying something, seeing what the results are, and then trying something else based on the results, or failure of results, of the previous step. So, we'll start with the most common things, but may need to venture off if a weird result happens along the way. Out of the ordinary may point to something in particular, then a cause can be found and a fix implemented.

Let's start with this: Where are you? If in the U.S., the state is usually sufficient. If you're near a national border, that might be worth noting.

Next, tell us about your local network. What's your ISP? Are you connecting your TV wirelessly? Do you have other devices -- phones, computers, tablets, etc --- connected wirelessly to your local network?

Are you in control of that network? That is, is this a common network, such as one provided for apartments or other living accommodations, or do you have your own modem and router? Are your modem and router separate? What model?

Have you already created an account at Roku.com? Can you successfully log in to it?

Let's start there and see where we go next.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos