Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivsoldier281
Reel Rookie

Roku tv wont connect to wifi on boot up

When i start my roku tcl tv it won't automatically connect to my wifi. I have to go setting and click on check connection then it'll work. It used to automatically connect now I have to manually do it.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku tv wont connect to wifi on boot up

@Ivsoldier281 Thanks for the note here. There are a couple things you can try here that may help: 

1. Go to Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset. 

2. Reboot your wireless router, or try fully resetting it. 

You can also see more tips for improving your wireless connection here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If you need more help from there, feel free to reach out to your Roku TV manufacturer. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Hecmen
Reel Rookie

I just bought a tcl Roku tv and have the same problem. Worked fine for a few days but now I have to reconnect every time I turn on the tv. I’ve done a reset and it still happens. I previously had a roku stick on my old tv and this never happened even though it’s on the same location. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Ivsoldier281
Reel Rookie

I went to setting and turned on quick boot or fast boot or something like that. Pretty much the tv turns on faster because it's on a stand by. Since it's on stand by it's always connected to the wifi. 

Hecmen
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info. Have you noticed the tv warm when off or higher light bill? The weird part is for the first week after I bought it was fine, it started doing that on the second week

0 Kudos
Thrallsack

This worked for me as well thanks

0 Kudos
Jmarti79

I solved my identical issue by Settings>Power>Power On and defaulting my Roku to connect to the Home Screen when turned on. Since it was connected to HDMI 1 before, it seemed its default was not connecting to WiFi 

0 Kudos
Netski

This totally worked for me. Thanks

Settings>system>scroll over to Power>scroll down to Fast TV Start and Enter to enable.

0 Kudos