Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv powers on and off repeatedly only shows faded power on screen

Jump to solution

So I was given this tv as a gift I don’t really use it for anything but gaming. I recently moved out of my parents place and I plugged in the tv after unpacking, the tv worked fine I was able to game and what not for maybe like 10 minutes before the tv just shut off and repeatedly powered on and off without even getting to the roku menu. This tv wasn’t cheap and I liked it I just want to use it for my Xbox. To sum it up the tv turns on and off the screen will show a very faded version of the roku power on screen but then it will immediately power off only to power back on around 5 seconds later repeating the cycle. I’ve tried factory resetting the tv but nothing is working please help 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv powers on and off repeatedly only shows faded power on screen

Jump to solution

@Concernedgamer-

A number of TV manufacturers have licensed Roku technology for inclusion in some set models and market them as "Roku TVs". Roku doesn't manufacture "Roku TV" sets or their remotes, it only supplies the Roku operating system. This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs can be found in this support post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Concernedgamer-

A number of TV manufacturers have licensed Roku technology for inclusion in some set models and market them as "Roku TVs". Roku doesn't manufacture "Roku TV" sets or their remotes, it only supplies the Roku operating system. This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs can be found in this support post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Brashhedx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey bro I had the EXACT same issue. TV not cheap and only use it for gaming lol. I tried everything you tried, pleaseeeee tell me you got a solution to this madness

0 Kudos