Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayyaa
Level 7

Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

I have a sharp Roku TV and for the last two weeks at least none of my thumbnail pictures are showing with the titles of my shows I've tried to reinstall the streaming channel on my TV everything that I can think of it only does this with prime video somebody can you please help fix this I went to settings and check for update there was no update available

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
aboysick
Level 8

Re: Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

I have had the same problem along with other missing icons or words on the the screen. This has happened since the last update and the only way to fix it is pull the power plug. Then it works fine until it's turned off and it's does the same thing.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here. 

Have you tried troubleshooting your home network by restarting your wireless router/modem, and your Roku TV to see if this helps? 

If this issue isn't occurring in any other channels, you'll need to contact Amazon support to report the issue, and request additional assistance with their channel on your device. 

Please keep us posted if you have any other questions we can assist with! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
BuckGnarley
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue.

Amazon works fine on all other TVs.

This issue corresponded with my replacing the Sparklight modem with my own.  The Modem/wireless router was on their approved list.  

What would you suggest I can do to troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
BuckGnarley
Level 7

I was able to fix it.

I unplugged my TV for 5 minutes and then plugged it back in and turned it on.  Apparantly this forces the TV to update all the loaded apps.  My Amazon Prime app is working fine now.

0 Kudos
aboysick
Level 8

Yes, I've rebooted the modem and still no help. If I unplug the power it works fine for a few days and then comes back. This doesn't happen on any other TV I own either. 

0 Kudos