Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku tv keeps updating the same channels

I just got a new TCl roku tv and i updated it and then went back to see if there were anymore updates just in case and it seems to update the same 25 channels every time i click check updates. I hard reset the roku but it keeps doing it again. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku keeps updating the same channels

I've seen this on the new Express+ I recently activated.  My theory is that there isn't space for all the channels I have, so it tries to update, but nothing really happens since there isn't any space left.  Hence, the next time you try to update it just repeats the same process.  It will automatically download any channel when you launch it, so I've decided to ignore it.  You could test my theory by launching one of those channels and then checking for updates and see if the list of 25 changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku keeps updating the same channels

Ok thanks! it eventually stopped doing it after time, so it must of found the space at some point. 

0 Kudos