Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
montez7

Roku tv just black screen

My Roku tv is on a black screen could reset it need help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv just black screen

Hi @montez7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a black screen issue with your Roku TV. Please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

Please keep us posted with the details and we sincerely appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
montez7

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

it was working last night.   When I turned it on this morning it was just black,   And blinking on with the the Roku title on screen,  no sound.

I unplugged and presses reset button multiple times but nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
montez7

it was working last night.   When I turned it on this morning it was just black,   And blinking on with the the Roku title on screen,  no sound.

I unplugged and presses reset button multiple times but nothing is working. 

TCL Roku 43S431

0 Kudos
montez7

Looks like it reset but screen still black

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @montez7,

Thanks for following up on your black screen issue with your Roku TV.

We would recommend making sure to unplug your Roku TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue.

For more information about how to factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos