Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv buzzing when watching youtube on nintendo switch

I've had my roku tv for about a year and a half now, and I usually connect my switch to it and watch youtube.

Today it started making a buzzing noise when people in videos talk, and it's only happening when I watch youtube on my switch. I tried netflix and hulu and they both sound perfect. I also checked the switch itself, so it has to be the tv.

I had this problem about a year ago but I don't remember how I fixed it. I've changed the audio settings around, unplugged and replugged, unplugged the switch, settings reset, powered on and off, etc etc.

Any ideas how to fix this? I've heard it's a common problem

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
khunsu

Audio buzzing when connected to switch?

I have a roku tv, and I usually connect my switch to it and watch youtube.

Today it started making a buzzing noise when people in videos talk, and it's only happening when I watch youtube on my switch. I tried netflix and hulu and they both sound perfect. I also checked the switch itself, so it has to be the tv.

I had this problem about a year ago but I don't remember how I fixed it. I've changed the audio settings around, unplugged and replugged, unplugged the switch, settings reset, powered on and off, etc etc.

Any ideas how to fix this? I've heard it's a common problem

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

Re: Audio buzzing when connected to switch?

Roku does not make TVs for starters. Secondly I take your speaking about a Nintendo Switch correct? Why don't you just download the YouTube channel to your Roku TV (insert manufacture here). 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku tv buzzing when watching youtube on nintendo switch

@sunnieisfunny @khunsu 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried watching the same content through the Youtube channel on the Roku TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue? If the issue is only happening when using your Switch device, it's possible that the issue may be related to the device itself and not the Roku TV.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos