Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrjeepin82
Channel Surfer

Roku stream bar static that's out of control

Why is my Roku stream bar having a static fit absolutely all of a sudden static like you wouldn't believe I changed out my HDMI cable did not work I guess it's been working up to loud static for a little while?

17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stream bar static that's out of control

@mrjeepin82
Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your Streambar to another HDMI port to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Streambar to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

If the issue persists after trying the above, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mbjack
Channel Surfer

Happened to mine as well. They said they are shipping a new one a couple of weeks ago. I have no ability to track. Looking forward to receiving it.

0 Kudos
mrjeepin82
Channel Surfer

Danny,

SN #2A1095237858 

I have tried several HDMI ports two different HDMI cables and two different TVs and I still get this absurd out of control static

0 Kudos

This is the second stream bar that I've owned that does this. And I have tried it on other televisions. It doesn't get any better. And I have switched out the HDMI cable as well.

My model is 9102RWy

The serial number is yl008y846887

I'm going to be hugely financially disappointed if I have to buy another one of these. 

It really is unbearable.

Thank you for your consideration

0 Kudos
Mbjack
Channel Surfer

Danny,

How will I know when my replacement ships? I have no information to track it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
mrjeepin82
Channel Surfer

Mbjack,

So Danny wanted me to give him my serial number also are they willing to give us a replacement?

mrjeepin82

0 Kudos
Mbjack
Channel Surfer

Apparently, yes. It’s been a couple of weeks since mine was promised. I do not have a way to track it though. 

0 Kudos
mrjeepin82
Channel Surfer

Thanks Mbjack for the heads up.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mrjeepin82,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos