Gorje
Reel Rookie

Roku stream bar sound issues

Roku sound bar will play fine for a few minutes, than sound well cut to just low base and the words are just muffled like the treble was shut off. If you turn the volume up it will go back to normal but it's super loud obviously where you have to turn it down right away. But it's consistent no matter what your watching on anything you stream. It worked fine forever.  It's out possible the built in amplifier board is shot?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku stream bar sound issues

@Gorje

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustratedinFl
Channel Surfer

Gorje,

I just want to say I have the exact same issues with my Streambar since the very beginning. Soft muffled, garbled sound and then a minute or so later it gets louder and clearer.  Constantly trying to adjust with the remote,and I have tried every possible combination of audio settings and rebooted and reinstalled, unplugged etc.
I also received a response from Danny asking for my serial number which I supplied.  But nothing but crickets from the Roku team.  Will think hard before purchasing another Roku product when there is virtually no support.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FrustratedinFl

Thanks for the post.

It looks like we requested your Roku Streambar information back in February, but haven't received a response from you.

Can you please provide us with the requested information so we can better assist you?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gorje
Reel Rookie

Agreed, unless can't can get another one ordered he will be a useless waste of time like the others I talked to on the phone.  It's not a problem they can fix in the menus is a internal issue.  I know this now. You probably noticed after the unit is on and done starting up,  that light no longer is on that should be. I ended up buying a refurbished one with a 3 year warranty and was cheaper than the ones they are trying to sell. I don't have a smart TV so I'm limited. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gorje

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous reply, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustratedinFl
Channel Surfer

Danny,

I have responded to your request for the serial number of my Roku Streambar 3 times now.  What is the status of this ongoing issue and how do you plan to resolve it?

Kathy Stoffel

serial #YW006G815941

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FrustratedinFl,

Thanks for following up.

Looking at the posts in this thread and private messages, it doesn't look like you've provided the serial number of your Roku Streambar. Please be aware that responding to email notifications from the Roku Community does not get sent to the Roku Community.

In order for us to assist you further, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku Streambar device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos