Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Queenbee2123
Reel Rookie

Roku states it has no more room even with no apps installed

Hello, I recently updated my Roku tv which I bought last year around Christmas. After I updated it, any time I try to open any application on my tv is says my memory is full and to uninstall apps. I uninstalled every single app but one and it still wouldn't load and gave the same error. I tried factory resetting it twice and unplugging from my wall for 20 minutes. My TV is basically unusable as It won't even open YouTube so I can cast to it. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku states it has no more room even with no apps installed

@Queenbee2123

Thanks for the post.

After removing channels, please make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding the channels back again, specifically in this order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Queenbee2123
Reel Rookie

What order?

0 Kudos
Queenbee2123
Reel Rookie

That didn't work. I can't install any apps now 

0 Kudos
ReRun
Channel Surfer

I get the "NO SPACE" error only with YouTube.  However, now that Roku says there has been a settlement with YouTube/Google, all should be up and running, but not the case.  Has anyone heard anything more about this settlement and/or when YouTube will be available to stream?  Thanks for listening (I hope Roku listens as well).

YouTube message is: Can't run channel

'YouTube' could not be run because there is not enough space.  Please remove one or move of your installed channels and try again.  To remove a channel, focus the channel, press *, and then select 'Remove channel'.  OK

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ReRun

Thanks for the post.

How many channels do you have currently installed on your Home screen? In addition, are you using a specific screensaver on your device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReRun
Channel Surfer

When I first spotted the "space" message trying to watch YouTube, it was around the start of December. At the time I did delete 1 or 2 channels, but stopped and went online to the Roku Community. Some folks deleted everything to no avail and so I stopped. I also "googled" Roku & YouTube and heard of the "feud" for the first time. However, a few days ago I received a Roku email talking about a settlement with Google/YouTube and that all was well again, but still no luck trying to load/watch YouTube and/or YouTube TV..

I currently have 98 channels including 3 Roku channels; Tips & Tricks, Getting Started & Media

Screen Savers has Classic Vinyl & Logo Rain checked, but I've never seen either screen saver come up while using Roku streaming.
Theme Pack has Roku checked
Wallpaper has all Roku checked
Sound has Roku checked
Seasonal Themes is ON
Screen Saver wait is 1 MIN
Display Type is 1080P HDCP1.4

When I'm not watching something and the TV is on, say the menu and/or channels, it goes to "Loading images ...". Just clicking enter and all is fine. Just an FYI.

PS Sorry, I received an email from Roku and thought my reply was headed here to the Roku Community, I guess not.  Hopefully, this reply is not a duplicate.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ReRun

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that 98 channels is quite a lot of channels, especially depending on the Roku device you are using. Have you tried removing all unused channels from your Roku device, restarting the device, then seeing if you are still seeing an issue with no more space on your device.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ReRun
Channel Surfer

Re:S Roku states it has no more room even with no apps installed

Danny I will do as you suggest (removing unused channels).  I'm just curious as to why now, when prior to the start of December I had no issues with YouTube or any other channels.

Another quirk I've noticed and coincids with my loss of YouTube is that turning on my Roku Streaming Stick, 3800-X only brings up a blank/black screen, from which I have to press enter to see the streaming channels, etc.  It used to bring me right to the Roku Home Screen of channels and options like My Feed, etc.  Also, if I'm not watching anything and just "staring" at the channels, all is cleared and "loading images ..." appears.  Simply pressing enter brings me back to the screen of channels, etc.

0 Kudos
ReRun
Channel Surfer

Re: Re:S Roku states it has no more room even with no apps installed

Thanks Danny, reduction of the number of channels worked.  I'm not sure of the magic number, but once at 88 channels (down from 98) I was able to load YouTube.

0 Kudos