Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandenburg25
Reel Rookie

Roku soundbar suddenly stopped connecting to WiFi and can no longer find network

Jump to solution

My roku can no longer find my WiFi network.  It was working last night and nothing has changed on my WiFi.  All other devices in my home are connecting just fine. I’ve tried a system restart and tried the network connection reset.  Neither worked.  Any ideas how to fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku soundbar suddenly stopped connecting to WiFi and can no longer find network

Jump to solution

I don't have a soundbar but this has always worked for me on my Rokus:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy

Re: Roku soundbar suddenly stopped connecting to WiFi and can no longer find network

Jump to solution

I don't have a soundbar but this has always worked for me on my Rokus:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Brandenburg25
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That worked. Thanks!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution
Terrific! Thanks for reporting back.

0 Kudos
rickm3rd

Jump to solution

This exact same thing happened to me, last night, March 29 at around 8:30 pm EDT. Both Roku devices say they aren't connected to the internet, even though all non-roku devices are fine.   Trying to re-connect, restart, all failed

0 Kudos