Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobiek
Reel Rookie

Roku soundbar going mute and no video signal

Hello Community ... I need everyone's help. I own the Roku soundbar (owned for 3 weeks and actual use of ~2 weeks) and I'm having the following issues which started this past weekend (3/7/20). 

1. The soundbar auto mutes for no reason at all. I'll have to either press the mute button, adjust the volume or unplug the soundbar and plug it back in to get sound back. 

2. The video signal is lost but sounds and all the controls work as I can hear it going through the screens as I'm pressing the buttons on the control and I can hear the audio from the show that was on before the signal is lost.  Unplugging the soundbar and plugging it back in has worked 2 or 3 times, but last night that didn't even help and the signal did not return. 

Has anyone else experienced the issues and how did you resolve it outside returning the unit. 

Thank you!  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku soundbar going mute and no video signal

@hobiek Thanks for reaching out here! Let's see what we can do to help. A few more questions here to better understand your setup and usage: 

- Are you streaming content directly from your Soundbar when you observe the loss of audio, or are you playing something on your TV or a connected device? 

- Does this issue occur when you are watching content from a specific streaming channel or source, or more than one? Please provide specific examples of streaming channels, or sources, and indicate if you were playing this on your TV or from the Soundbar itself? 

- When you say you have to press the mute button or adjust the volume to get sound back, are you using your TV remote, or the Soundbar's remote?

- Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable connecting the Soundbar to your TV? Have you also tried connecting the Soundbar to a different HDMI ARC port on your TV, if available?  

With more information, we can continue assisting you, or help get you in touch with our Support team directly, if needed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
rdsjr1

I am experiencing the same issues. Tried multiple streaming channels, ( boomerang, Netflix, hulu, etc) , changed HDMI ports, changed cables, no impact. 

Roku home screen is visible but none of the streaming channels video will come through. 

Only had it for 2 months. used occasionally. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rdsjr1 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kiksfomikee
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue with my roku sound at. I’ve had it for about 3-4 months. It’s been doing it consistently multiple times a day for the last 6 weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kiksfomikee

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does this issue only happen on a particular channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kiksfomikee
Reel Rookie

About every 20/30 minutes the screen will go black for about 2-3 seconds and the roku sound bar will mute. It’s quite annoying.

I’ve tried different inputs, resetting the roku sound bar…nothing works

0 Kudos
hobiek
Reel Rookie

After switching inputs, buying new cables, playing around with my settings, and just about giving up on my Roku sound bar I learned not to turn off the TV and allow the Roku device to run its screen save mode. When I’m done watching TV I leave the Roku Home Screen up and I Walk away. Since I’ve been doing this my previous issue does not happen. 

0 Kudos