Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhubs0513
Level 7

Roku sound bar and speaker with a smart TV

I recently purchased a 65 inch smart tv, and I have my Roku Ultra connected to it. I'm strongly considering purchasing a sound bar and/or speakers for it. I am not an audiophile....to tell the truth, I am hearing impaired and my goal is to have speakers close(er) to where I sit to watch tv so I dont have to elevate the volume or use headphones. So, my question is, will the sound bar pair up with my tv since it's not a roku tv, and can I also pair up speakers to either the sound bar or the tv? Does it make sense to buy both the speakers and the sound bar together?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku sound bar and speaker with a smart TV

@Bhubs0513 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Soundbar will work with your TV as long as you have a ARC HDMI cable port, or a HDMI cable and an optical cable if you do not have a ARC HDMI port.

Your TV will not need to be a Roku TV for you to use the Roku Soundbar. If you would like to purchase the Roku TV Wireless speakers, they will work with your Roku Smart Soundbar, but will not be able to connect directly to your TV since it is not a Roku TV.

Please be aware that the Roku Smart Soundar will be replacing your Roku Ultra since the Roku Smart Soundbar has a Roku player built in. The Roku Smart Soundbar is great for enhancing the audio quality while streaming, but the additional Roku TV Wireless Speakers would only needed in addition if you would like to create surround sound.

For more information about our audio products, visit our Support pages here:
What is a Roku® Smart Soundbar?
How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bhubs0513
Level 7

Re: Roku sound bar and speaker with a smart TV

I guess it doesn't matter what kind of TV I have or whether the speakers will pair up with what I've got or not because no matter what I've done, I guess Roku doesn't want my money.....I cannot buy these speakers. The sale will not go through on Rokus end. I give up.

0 Kudos