cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku sound bar & TCL TV

Jump to solution

I am looking to add a sound bar to my TCL Roku TV and have few questions.

1. Will I be able to use the remote that belong to the TV and control the volume of the sound bar? I am planning to connect the TV to the sound bar using the optical cable.

2. When i turn the tv off, will it turn the sound bar off as well?

It looks like that I can use the remote that comes with the sound bar to control the tv. If I decide to do that:

1. Can I turn on/off the tv from the same remote?

2. When I connect a remote with a head phone jack to the sound bar, will the head phone jack work? In other words, when i connect a headphones to the remote, will the sound cut off from the sound bar and get diverted to the headphones?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku sound bar & TCL TV

Jump to solution

Really should use the hdmi-arc to connect the two, it allows audio & video from the soundbar to the tv at the same time allowing the audio to go from the tv to the soundbar. The Roku soundbar controls the tv via hdmi-cec, and so the tv remote will control the soundbar as well. If you use the soundbar remote to turn on the tv, then it will switch the tv to the soundbar input and soundbar's home screen. Using the tv power on the roku tv remote will leave it on the roku tv home screen and have the rest of the inputs available. Once you have the two roku connected to each other, all you have to do is press the Home key on the device you wish to be on, to switch back hit the home key on the other devices remote. 

And yes you can pair a headphone jack remote to the soundbar, and it will work fine. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku sound bar & TCL TV

Jump to solution

Really should use the hdmi-arc to connect the two, it allows audio & video from the soundbar to the tv at the same time allowing the audio to go from the tv to the soundbar. The Roku soundbar controls the tv via hdmi-cec, and so the tv remote will control the soundbar as well. If you use the soundbar remote to turn on the tv, then it will switch the tv to the soundbar input and soundbar's home screen. Using the tv power on the roku tv remote will leave it on the roku tv home screen and have the rest of the inputs available. Once you have the two roku connected to each other, all you have to do is press the Home key on the device you wish to be on, to switch back hit the home key on the other devices remote. 

And yes you can pair a headphone jack remote to the soundbar, and it will work fine. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos