Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pheelyne
Level 7

Roku smart has suddenly started controlling TV volume.

Roku smart soundbar has suddenly started controlling TV volume. How do I undo that and resume it controlling the soundbar volume? I am lost. I have checked hundreds of posts to no avail The system seettings only allow you to set it to control the tv, but nothing on how to undo that. I must have sat on the remote or something because I was using it and it was fine and went back to start watching my show again and it now only controls the TV volume, which I keep muted so I only hear the soundbar. Help,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku smart has suddenly started controlling TV volume.

It controls your tv power and volume by hdmi-cec, if you don't want that turn off that feature in your tv settings. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pheelyne
Level 7

I do not have a remote for the tv to go to tv settings. also, it was orig controlling the soundbar. I did nothing.

I am not tech savvy

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Probably on power up the tv refreshed the cec devices connected to it and so then on allowed the roku soundbar to control it. When a device has the cec feature, theres no need to set the device controlling it to certain brand, because all brands of tv that have cec feature respond to the same signals. THe roku soundbar remote has roku commands on the tv power and volume key that never change, the volume key controls the soundbar at the same time it initiates the hdmi-cec pulse to control whatever tv is connected to it by hdmi cable. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pheelyne
Level 7

I have no idea what that means. I have been using the roku remote to control the sound bar volume for weeks now. I paused a movie with my xfinity remote to answer the phone. When I went back to watch the movie, the roku remote no longer controlled the soundbar volume but rather the tv volume. 

0 Kudos