Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku skill for Alexa does not resume Prime Video when requested

Using a Roku TV with the Roku Alexa skill, I am able to launch Amazon Prime Video and pause a video. However, when I say "resume" or "play" or "unpause", the roku skill says "I didn't find anything on the roku skill to play music."

"Resume" did work for a few days but not now. Any ideas?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku skill for Alexa does not resume Prime Video when requested

I'm not clear on what youre saying.

There is a button for pause and resume on the remote.

Why not use that?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@boogernose wrote:

I'm not clear on what youre saying.

There is a button for pause and resume on the remote.

Why not use that?

Um because literally the point of using Alexa is to be able to control things entirely with the convenience of voice commands... It's odd that you can pause using voice commands, but not resume the program. Sometimes it's more convenient to just say a command and not have to look for a remote every time. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Exactly. It's also helpful for the disabled. But the dude had to be a smart***....

Highlighted
Level 19

@stolar Thanks for the note here. I'll share this feedback along to our team to take a closer look and provide and further updates that I hear. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted

Please do, can’t resume playback on anything. I can pause but can’t resume or unpause, with ANY app. Can’t pause netflix (but i believe that’s a legal thing), also can’t fast forward or rewind. I can volume up and down tho

0 Kudos