Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Panda1
Reel Rookie

Roku mute button on Roku TV remote

Jump to solution

I have a new Roku tv about 3 months old. The mute button on the Roku remote has just stopped working. All the other buttons work okay. I am able to mute the tv from the Roku screen on my phone. It seems as though something is wrong with the remote. Has anyone had this issue? Note that my remote does not have a pairing button.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku mute button

Jump to solution

@Panda1 

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 mentioned, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Your remote is IR (infrared) so there is no pairing. It sounds like a contact on the remote has failed. You can test it by using a digital camera, such as what a smart phone has, and look at the front of the remote when the buttons are pressed. If you see a flashing light through the camera when pressing a remote button, the remote is working. Try several buttons on the remote, including the mute button. No flashing light, the remote is defective. Since it's only 3 months old, it should be under warranty. However, you would have to contact the TV manufacturer for that support, not Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Panda1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I tested like you said. When I point the remote at the phones camera the mute button works fine. However when I point at the TV it does not work. So I will be contacting the manufacturer for warranty.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Panda1 

Thanks for the post.

As @atc98092 mentioned, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
britboxfan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku mute button on Roku TV remote

Jump to solution

I was given a Roku remote with a mute button. I was very pleased with this upgrade but it lasted only about two months. It got more and more difficult to press in just a certain spot until it does not work to mute the volume at all. I have no children, pets or other circumstances that may lead to fast deterioration of the device. This is a quality issue.

If I had the receipt, I would have taken it back in February. I am researching the different brand device. I have begun the considering Apple, Google and Amazon choices.

0 Kudos