Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pa5tabear

Roku menu overlay broken - zoomed in, split, and flickering... see screenshots

Screenshots of the problem are here: https://imgur.com/gallery/rOudD5g

My TV is a TCL Roku Smart TV from Amazon that's less than a year old. This problem started happening a couple weeks ago. I was hoping it would go away but it hasn't. I'm now considering returning the TV, but thought I'd post online first to see if anyone has seen this before and has answers. 

A weird black box overlay does appear on the home screen as soon as I turn it on, but I'm still able to navigate to shows. Once I'm watching shows, the picture is fine until I change the volume. Changing the volume can be very distracting, and changing anything like picture settings is even more jarring. 

So yeah... anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

How much is this a hardware vs. software problem? I wonder if Roku could just send me an HDMI plugin Roku player and we could stop worrying about it... 

EDIT: I tagged the post with a Roku adapter product, but I'm actually talking about the Roku software built in to my smart TV. I wasn't sure where else to post. Sorry about any confusion! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku menu overlay broken - zoomed in, split, and flickering... see screenshots

@pa5tabear

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that this issue is a hardware problem. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos