Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pammoun
Reel Rookie

Roku displays bars during playback

All of the sudden my Roku displays horizontals and diagonal lines directly after it starts and displays the Roku logo.
I tried reset and checked the cablings all is good

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku displays bars

Hey @Pammoun

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

To better understand your issue, we would recommend replying here with a photo of your TV screen. Please let us know as well the model of your Roku device/TV which can be located by navigating to Settings > System > About

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pammoun
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku displays bars

Image of my TV

0 Kudos
Pammoun
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku displays bars on device Roku UHD Streaming Media Player

IMG_3102.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks, @Pammoun

We would recommend trying the suggestions below:

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rafaelrs

I had the same issue when I connected a Roku 4 to an older Sony Bravia. I think the issue is that the TV only supports 1080i format which the Roku 4 does not. I swapped a Roku Express to that TV and moved the Roku 4 to the other TV which is 1080p and they both work fine now.

Check the TV HDMI format. If it's 1080i, then check if the Roku you are using supports 1080i.

0 Kudos