Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmaroto
Channel Surfer

Roku disappear when trying to screen cast

I'm trying to screen cast my Android 11 phone to my different roku express around the house.  When select cast the rokus show on the list, I choose one and message "connecting" shows below but after a while the Roku disappear from the list.  Just a couple of seconds and the Roku reappears on the list.  This issue happen with my other 2 rokus, I can't cast to Chromecast without problem so it's not the phone or the wifi.

Anyone had this experience?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku disappear when trying to screen cast

Greetings @Jmaroto 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with screen casting. Are you making sure that your mobile device is using the same wireless network and frequency that your Roku device is connected to? Please be aware that the Roku Express device will only connect to a 2.4 GHz frequency and not to 5 GHz frequency.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting should you need further aid. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmaroto
Channel Surfer

Correct, both devices are in the same network and same frequency.  It's something weird as when trying to screen cast show this error, but if cast with an app to a Roku channel (example YouTube) the connection works but it's not really mirroring the app.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jmaroto 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with screen casting.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • mobile device brand, model, and current OS
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to continuing to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos