Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saravanwey

Roku channels and extra loud commercials

Can you please find a way make the commercials the same volume as the tv shows or movies! I love the roku channel but cannot watch it because the commercial are blaring.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channels and extra loud commercials

Hey @saravanwey, we see that you're having an issue with your volume for commercials. We're here to help.

On certain devices, you can use volume modes to adjust your sound settings to your liking.

Here's an article that can help with that:

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions!

leslie2019

I have the same complaint about the volume boost on every commercial. I watch tv late at night and live in an apartment. I set the volume to a level I can hear but then the commercials start at a much louder volume.

I end up having to mute and unmute the extra loud content so I do not get complaints from my neighbors. In my community the landlord has a noise nuisance clause in our lease.

Violation of the rules gets an eviction notice very quickly.

I believe the over the air broadcasts are limited by FCC to an equal volume throughout the shows. Is streaming a loophole that some aggressive marketers use to cram their LOUD ads down our throats. It is not working just very irritating and is cause to go to another viewer friendly channel.

The end result is many viewers will go elsewhere and the poor souls remaining will be so jaded their is NO advantage just unresponsive viewers.

0 Kudos
olddarkthings
Reel Rookie

I hear you on the loud commercials.  I am just about ready to cancel the services!!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @olddarkthings

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? May we ask what troubleshooting steps have been taken? 

We suggest also checking this page for tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue: How to use volume modes on your Roku streaming device 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

The commercials volume on the Roku channel makes viewing intolerable. Why would ANYONE want to be jolted off their couch EVERY single time a commercial comes on?

Roku, come on! Have none of you ever tried watching your own channel? Or do you all hate it so much that you watch everything on Netflix and Prime like the rest of us?

It seems to me that you're not doing your jobs. Maybe you're just fine with the idea of never being able to compete in an industry that is dominated by real professionals who can solve simple problems. 

If, in fact, you are having difficulty making these changes, I apologize. I'm sure there are plenty of 12 year olds who would be happy to write the necessary code for you in exchange for a box of Pizza Pops and a bag of gummy worms.

I have leveling turned on and your Roku Channel ads are 2-3 times LOUDER than the volume of the show.  Does this need to be escalated to the FCC?  Don't ask for samples for something you can easily recreate.  Samples can be sent to the FCC using their complaint process. 

0 Kudos