Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablito77
Reel Rookie

Roku channel shows not playing

Hello, I have a insignia Roku tv, 8402x, model NS-32DR310NA17, Sw version 10.5.0 build 4210-49

almost none of the shows can be played. It shows episodes available but nothing really play. The only show that is actually playing is the 3rd rock.

I tried knight rider, I dream of Jeannie, quantum leap, A team and nothing played....

I restarted and nothing... I went to settings and selected update and it says that the tv has the latest SW version.

what can I do?

#insignia roku tv

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

So this only happening on the Roku channel? Roku does not make TVs either. your TV was made by Insignia. Have you tried unplugging your modem, router and tv for 60 seconds? Then plugging them back in? Do other channels work properly such as Netflix? Hulu? Disney? Do you live in the US? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @pablito77

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pablito77
Reel Rookie

Yes, only in the Roku Channel. Netflix, Hulu, and Disney are ok. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@pablito77  Have you tried any of the steps that I laid out? Can you please provide more information 

0 Kudos
pablito77
Reel Rookie

Yes, I did it. But nothing changed. 

0 Kudos
RCF530

I am trying to watch Here Comes the Brides. The show will not play.

I restarted the system

I have taken off and reinstalled the roku channel

None of the above has helped.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RCF530

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing as we are unable to replicate the issue? What season and what episode are you trying to watch? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KC73

I am also having the same problem. I can not watch any shows on the Roku Channel. I can on all the other channels. I did remove the Roku channel and restart the System then added the channel back but still nothing works on the Roku channel and it is the same on all 4 of my Roku Express 4K devices.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KC73,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. For clarification, are all other streaming channels playing content normally? How long has the issue been occurring? Are you being prompted with an error message? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos