Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LockS
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel won’t load

Jump to solution

I dont know why but today it started working again. I don't know if if was just me but it is working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try to perform a manual update on your Roku TV to the latest update and check to see if you are experiencing an issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Keithlg1
Channel Surfer

Re: Local Channels over Antenna No Longer Working Nor do any of the Roku branded Channels

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks. Yes the new software update corrected the issue for live local channels and the Roku channel 

TomsAuto
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku App not loading

Jump to solution

Anybody have a clue what to do with this issue?

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

my suggestions for troubleshooting information to be more helpful:

if some or most other apps work properly on roku player, then probably one channel having issue.  

• remove that channel, restart roku player and install again to try
  • does app not load and behavior is kick back to home screen?
  • does app load but content inside do not load?

if no app load at all, make sure you connected to wireless network.  

0 Kudos
TomsAuto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have done the reloading of the app several times, even did a factory reset on the TV.  When you click on ROKU app to load, it goes blank for a moment, then just goes to the home screen.

All of the other apps load fine, and work, just the ROKU app is having issues.

Checked wireless network connection several times as well.  Also, I figured if network was the issue, the other apps would have trouble as well.

Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You might try the "clear the cache" routine - Press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice and FF (>>) twice.  If you did it right your Roku will appear to freeze and then reboot on its own.  I have no idea if it will help, but it's about all I can think of other than what's already been tried.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TomsAuto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! 

It did the reboot thing.  AND, still does not work.  All others work, but no Roku, on a darn Roku TV!  

This is really aggravating to say the least.  One would think a Roku TV should not have issues with using Roku.

0 Kudos
ku-sux
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You would think but they're not fixing it and they're not admitting it either.

ku-sux
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think the fix is to add more servers. I received a call from Roku and was instructed to remove the Roku Channel and reinstall it. However, I was asked for the specific programs I wanted to watch before doing so. This was in the daytime. I was able to watch both movies I said I wanted to see.

Now in prime time, the Roku Channel doesn't work. I've been thru this dozens of times. It's the same story on all free channels. I'm sure Roku is well aware of exactly what the issue is here. Roku is not being honest about it. It's not hard to figure out why. They fear the impact this knowledge will have on sales. And rightfully so.

The stock price closed today at $471/share. Anthony Wood, CEO of Roku, sold 45,000 shares on 2/1. He's got plenty more. The growth is explosive. Roku is a gusher.

I'm not able to get any of the FREE programming Roku claims it offers. All FREE content is inaccessible. I've done plenty of experimenting over the past couple months to determine that this is algorithmic. Roku is prioritizing paid content. It's just the FREE stuff that's inaccessible and there is no truthful error message delivered to the end user.

Why don't you admit it? Is the filthy rich upper management telling you not to divulge the truth to customers? Do you really expect me to believe I'm a special case? Are they not telling you the truth? I'm fed up with the deceit.

I would like someone to get back to me with the truth and tell me exactly what Roku is doing to fix this issue and when I can expect to get the FREE content Roku claims is available while knowing full well that they don't have the capacity to handle the traffic during prime time viewing hours in the US.

Is this too much to ask? I'm giving Roku every opportunity to come clean before I start making noise. At minimum, they need to make sure I personally get the service they claim they offer, and I want to know when they are going to make that happen.

I'm tired of being ignored. Pass this on to superiors and please have someone get back to me pronto. Thank you.