Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku asterisk Button stopped working

Last night I tried using the ‘*’ button but all it did was make the beep noise but the options sidebar that would pop up on the left side of the screen doesn’t anymore. I thought it might be a problem with just my remote so I tried it on the remote on my phone and that didn’t work either. Did they just get rid of the whole sidebar altogether or is it just not working for me?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku asterisk Button stopped working

Same thing with my 65R625. I can't adjust the picture settings on any inputs. The remote sensor blinks but nothing happens on the screen. Very frustrating, as the current settings areare really distracting. It worked right for a day or two (got it on Dec 24) then just stopped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Try a restart through the menu: settings> system> power> scroll to system restart

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

Restart works!👍🏻

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue for me. My tv doesn’t have a “system restart” option (apparently some models don’t) so I restarted by unplugging, but it didn’t help. Any suggestions? I’d prefer not to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jlhaddock78 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What are you trying to use the * button for on your remote? Please be aware that the * button will have limited functionality based on what channel/app you are using.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

I can not adjust my audio now - which is what was the problem before I did a restart when sound stopped working. After restart, * button doesn’t work so just another problem w this tv - I want to adjust my audio - leveling/night, etc that box no longer comes up!

0 Kudos