Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Figz381

Roku apps continuously returning to Home Screen ?

Amazon prime, hbo ,and  Netflix apps all closing and returning to the Roku Home Screen ..this is a recent problem as I have had the Roku tv for some time now. Software all seems up to date.. I’m baffled..I’ve tried removing channels and adding them again ..system reset and unplugging tv....what’s going on? Please advise 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Roku apps continuously returning to Home Screen ?

The usual advice is to delete the app/tile, then go to home>settings>system>power, and do a "restart" (if "fast start" is enabled, I would disable it. That seems to hold corruptions in memory forever, never loading software fresh.).  Then add the app again.

Before you do that, you might try so-called "clear the cache:"

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on. It may appear to have frozen. It just needs a moment.)

Nobody (including Roku) seems to know what that does. But, it has fixed problems for people when nothing else worked.

It wouldn't hurt to do it. If it doesn't help, then do the delete/restart/re-install.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos