Roku Wireless speakers Crackling!

I originally had the problem of the speakers dropping the sound and reconnecting. Now my issue is the speakers seem to crackle all the time even on medium settings. Does anyone have a solution!

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Wireless speakers Crackling!

@Billybendo1 Thanks for reaching out. We have some helpful troubleshooting steps here that can assist in resolving this issue: https://support.roku.com/article/360012217053-how-do-i-resolve-audio-playback-issues-on-my-roku-tv-w...

Specifically, start by using the option in Settings>System>Power>System restart to restart your TV, and press the restart button once on the back of each wireless speaker. If this doesn't resolve the issue, look at the steps in the article above to ensure your wireless network in broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network. If it is already broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network, we'd recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel on your router. This is something your ISP or router manufacturer can help you with. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Cheers,

Tanner

town976

The link to that article in the previous post does not work.  I am also experiencing static crackling with my wireless speakers.  I have had to disconnect them.  I have restarted the system to no avail.

Help.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for the note here. I am able to view the article linked above normally. Are you seeing an error, or is the page not loading? Have you tried another browser? Are you trying to access the article from a computer or interest connection outside the US region? If so, you may not be able to view the article. We only currently sell Roku TV Wireless Speakers in the US, and related help articles are not available in other regions at this time.

To troubleshoot the issue further, please try each of the following steps, in order, to help resolve the issue you're experiencing (even if you've already tried performing some of them previously):

- Start by unplugging your wireless modem/router from power for a few minutes, then plug it back in. Once all the lights are showing that it has restarted and connected to the internet again, use the option on your Roku TV in Settings>System>Power>System restart to restart your TV. At the same time, press the restart button once on the back of each wireless speaker to restart them as well. 

- If this doesn't resolve the issue, you'll want to troubleshoot your wireless network. Start by contacting your ISP and confirm that your wireless network is broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network. The 5GHz band can help improve connection performance. 

- If your network is already broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network, ask your ISP to help you change the wireless broadcast channel on your router to another channel that isn't in use by another wireless network around you. This helps eliminate wireless interference and improves your devices ability to connect. If your router also has auto channel-switching enabled, you might also try disabling this to see if this resolves the issue. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Ukor_amateur
Reel Rookie

I have the crackling sound as well. I followed the suggested fix to no avail. In high bass scenes the speakers rattle as if they are “blown”

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Ukor_amateur Thanks for reaching out. A few more questions here to try and better understand what you are hearing. 

- What channel are you watching when you observe this issue? What is an example content title in that channel that you've played when you hear this occurring?  

- During playback of content inside a channel, press the * key on your remote. Try changing the sound mode that you see displayed here to Normal. Does this affect the issue you are hearing?

- Also look at the sound settings for 'Speech clarity' and 'Volume Mode'. Try adjusting each of these settings independently, turning on/off, and see if a settings adjustment for one of these options helps clear up the issue. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Ukor_amateur
Reel Rookie

It happens on any and all channels. It is directly proportional to the bass on the movie being watched. I have the sound setting on reduced bass. If I turn the bass off it stops completely.

I have adjusted all of the settings and it continues. If I pick up the speakers and listen you can tell the distortion is coming from within each speaker.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the details. I'd like to help take a closer look. Could you please provide some additional example details: 

- Please share a particular channel and specific content title that you observe this issue on so we can take a closer look. 

- What volume level do you have the speakers set to when you observe this issue occurring? 

- What is the model of Roku TV that you are using from Settings>System>About? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Ukor_amateur
Reel Rookie

There doesn’t seem to be a particular channel . The content would be an explosive scene or something with deep bass. The amount of distortion depends on the bass setting of the TV.

volume level 17-25

the TV model is Roku TV 7203x, sharp LC-55LBU591U, software version 9.2.6 build 5201-38.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Ukor_amateur  Thanks for clarifying. The reason we ask for an example is be able to use the same variables that you do to experience the issue when trying to reproduce and analyze your report. 

When you have time, if you could provide a specific streaming channel and content example for us, that would be very helpful. 

e.g.

Streaming channel: Netflix

Content title example: Lost in Space, Season 1 Ep. 1 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos