Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers in Surround setup with Roku soundbar not loud enough

Same question as above, has anyone been able to update and test out Roku 9.4? The update still isn't available for me, I have the Roku Smart Soundbar (not streambar) Roku Wireless Subwoofer and the 2 satellite Roku Wireless Rear speakers. 

0 Kudos
mcgooze
Streaming Star

@akakar4858 wrote:

Same question as above, has anyone been able to update and test out Roku 9.4? 

Not me. I've been checking almost daily to no avail. Still on 9.3...

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Saw these messages from Roku Support on Twitter when I searched for Roku 9.4. Sounds like they're saying STILL saying "coming weeks", which could mean anything. Just wish like other platforms they'd drop the release around the same time as announcing. 

Screenshot_20201029-090443_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-090458_Twitter.jpg

cwawro
Channel Surfer

My soundbar just updated to 9.4 and IT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!! You get a bunch of different sound levels to choose from so I set my surround speakers to Loudest and I can confirm that it drastically improves the whole experience!

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Finally the update is here and yes it definitely does change everything! You can now adjust the rear wireless speakers from low-normal-louder-loudest. Thank you Roku finally!

electrifyin31
Reel Rookie

I got the update and its working great but there seems to be a delay whenever I start a movie, switch channel, play new song, etc. About 5-10 seconds with nothing in wireless speakers then kicks in. I tried to reset connection to speakers but didn't work.  Anyone else experiencing that or know what I can do?

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

I think a slight delay is normal and going to happen because the rear speakers and subwoofer are wireless so the soundbar needs to send the audio waves/signal to these devices. But, it should only be a split second delay or max 1-2 seconds!   

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Basically, the devices have to make a handshake with each other 

0 Kudos
electrifyin31
Reel Rookie

So what can I do? Actually it is more like 25-30 seconds.  Are you having same delay?

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Can you please elaborate? Is the set up worth it? I already have wireless speakers but want to go full surround with the bar and subwoofer. Pros and cons please. Thank you sir!

0 Kudos