Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bill2468
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers in Surround setup with Roku soundbar not loud enough

08/20/2020 Soundbar version 9.3.0 Build 4194. Rear speakers not loud enough. Want system update to be able to adjust rear speakers volume relative to front speaker bar. Very unhappy that Roku sound system has this problem.

Zimm
Reel Rookie

Agreed. I would also love a system update to be able to adjust rear speakers volume relative to front speaker bar. Very unhappy that Roku sound system has this problem.

I have a Roku tv, Roku sound bar, and Roku wireless speakers. I ran into the issue where my wireless speakers didn’t work in surround sound when I was streaming Roku through the Roku sound bar input. The solution I found was instead simply streaming Roku through the Roku tv. When I watch shows on the Roku tv default streaming it doesn’t switch to the surround sound mode. The sound bar and the wireless speakers both work (quite loudly) but I keep sound settings on music.

0 Kudos
Rockysanz1
Reel Rookie

Not only are the wireless rear speakers to low but the sound bar mid range level is too high ! very disappointed in this set up , can anyone advise if there will be an update to fix these problems?

riktuin
Channel Surfer

This is a great thread. I have the Roku soundbar and Roku subwoofer and overall I have been pretty satisfied with it. I was considering adding the wireless speaker to complete the surround sound setup but after reading this thread and some others I will hold off on purchasing them until this issue has been resolved,.

Rockysanz1
Reel Rookie

Very smart to hold off I am very disappointed that the rear speakers are barely audible, I certainly hope they come up with a fix for this problem

streamy
Reel Rookie

It has been a while since this widely experienced problem was reported.  I feel that it is a bad sign that Roku has chosen to say nothing regarding a fix. I'd put my money on them never fixing it. Here is why: Roku has been growing its business in ways other than the development of new hardware. The name of the game is content control and brokerage fee collection. As witnessed by its rapid Roku Channel expansion, its increasing cut from on-device third-party subscription collection services, and its consolidation of control of on-platform advertising revenue. Add to that its hard to ignore its escalating lack of app neutrality on its streaming platform, and its transition to smart-tv software provider to third-party tv hardware manufacturers.  Hardware development just isn't its only revenue stream for Roku anymore, or even its most important one in terms of future growth. Expect this tendency to intensify.  All of which puts cutting edge audio development somewhere in the back of the queue for development dollars with Roku product managers.  Roku is in the process of transforming itself from neutral streaming platform to a far-from-neutral content broker between consumers and providers. Billions will be made before the company is made defunct by newer technologies. Enjoy the ride. 

riktuin
Channel Surfer

I also noticed the both Best Buy and Amazon list the wireless speakers as sold out or not available. Coincidence? They are still available on the Roku website.

mcgooze
Streaming Star

@streamy wrote:

It has been a while since this widely experienced problem was reported.  I feel that it is a bad sign that Roku has chosen to say nothing regarding a fix. 

It would appear that this is (hopefully) FINALLY being addressed!

Check out Roku's blog, here:
https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-94

"Surround level control for multi-channel audio – If you own Roku audio products with a multi-channel speaker configuration, you’ll be able to adjust the volume of your rear surround speakers relative to the volume of your soundbar for sound levels that match your preference."

riktuin
Channel Surfer

Good news! I was wondering if anyone has been able to test this out and let us know if or how it works, My Roku soundbar is still at 9.3.