Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichisdeno

Need assistance with Roku Soundbar and Speakers

Jump to solution

Hi all! Roku customer service wasn't able to help me with this, so I was hoping to see if anyone here has experienced something similar. I own a Roku soundbar (not wireless, it's plugged into the HDMI 3 ARC port) as well as two Roku wireless surround sound speakers. When I first got them, they all worked perfectly together, easy to set up. The other day, I noticed the sound on the rear speakers was barely audible, so I decided to reset them . . . when I tried to reconnect the speakers, the TV couldn't find them. Today, I FINALLY got the wireless speakers to connect, but now my soundbar is having issues. I can only play audio from either the surround sound speakers or the ARC soundbar, but not both. Roku customer service says you can't use both, which makes no sense considering the fact that they market the wireless speakers as surround sound to be PAIRED WITH the soundbar, plus I've used the three speakers together flawlessly in the past. Customer service was supposed to give me a callback yesterday, but never did. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need assistance with Roku Soundbar and Speakers

Jump to solution

Hi! @whitecloud2,

Thanks for the post,

Regarding your inquiry, the answer is definitely yes. You can easily combine multiple Roku audio products when ready for a full, immersive surround sound experience.

Surround sound:

• Combine the Roku Streambar with Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Wireless Bass for deep, rich bass and immersive surround sound.

Full surround sound:

• Combine the Roku Streambar with two sets of Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Wireless Bass for an ultra-immersive sound experience.

For more details, check this out: Build your home theater

Please feel free to let us know if you need additional assistance!

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greeting @ichisdeno

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. That's right before you can enjoy an enhanced listening experience, you must first connect your Roku wireless speakers to a Roku host device such as a Roku TV, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar.

We suggest you re-pair again your wireless speaker to your Roku host device, it may encounter an issue or not be able to find one or both speakers if:

• The speaker is not powered on: To check if a speaker is powered on and in pairing mode, look for a status LED on the back of the speaker that flashes repeatedly as pairing instructions are repeated every 3 minutes.
  • The speakers are too far from your Roku host device: To be placed within 30 feet of your Roku host device
  • There is wireless interference: Avoid installing your wireless speakers near other wireless devices like your wireless router or a microwave.
  • Possible the speaker is paired to another Roku host device: Press and hold the Reset button on the back of the speaker for 10 seconds, and then listen for audible instructions to try pairing again.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve issues pairing your Roku® wireless speakers

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Keep us posted.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am so confused with the answers being given on how to pair your Roku TV, Speakers and Soundbar for surround sound.  You keep saying that you can only pair the Speakers  to a Roku streaming bar or pro, etc, but yet you advertise that the Roku Wireless Soundbar and Wireless Speakers can be added to the Roku Plus TV.  I have already purchased the Roku Plus TV and added the Roku Wireless Soundbar.  I want to purchase the Roku Wirelss Speakers and add them to the soundbar for surround sound.  Can this be done or not.  If so,  do you pair the speakers to the wireless soundbar or to the TV?  A simple question, that no one seems to be able to answer.  When I purchased the wireless soundbar, it clearly said add the wireless speakers for surround sound, but in all of your answers you keep saying the speakers can only be added to streaming soundbars or smart soundbars.  Someone please clarify for me before I buy speakers that I cannot use with my Roku Plus TV and Wireless Soundbar.  Thank You for any assistance.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @whitecloud2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you with your inquiry on how to set up a Roku surround sound system.

This article provides information about the different audio configurations you can achieve depending on what TV and Roku audio products you own. How to set up a Roku surround sound system.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok, I'm going to try again to get a clear answer how to setup my Roku PLus TV for surround sound.  I have the TV and last week I paired the Roku wireless soundbar to the Roku Plus TV.  So the sound is now coming from the soundbar.  Now I want surround sound, and I am assuming that purchasing the wireless speakers will give me surround sound as stated.  The wireless soundbar is already paired to the TV, so when I get the wireless speakers, your setups are saying that I should pair the wireless speakers to the Roku Plus TV.  Once I do that will I have sound coming from the wireless soundbar and  also have sound coming from the wireless speakers to create the surround sound?  Please answer yes or no to this question so I have a clear understanding of how I shoud connect the speakers.  

I keep reading from others that that they can only connect either the soundbar to their TV or the speakers, not both.  Can I connect both the wireless soundbar and the wireless speakers to the Roku Plus TV, a yes or no please.  Thank you for any assistance you can give in answering the two questions.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @whitecloud2,

Thanks for the post,

Regarding your inquiry, the answer is definitely yes. You can easily combine multiple Roku audio products when ready for a full, immersive surround sound experience.

Surround sound:

• Combine the Roku Streambar with Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Wireless Bass for deep, rich bass and immersive surround sound.

Full surround sound:

• Combine the Roku Streambar with two sets of Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Wireless Bass for an ultra-immersive sound experience.

For more details, check this out: Build your home theater

Please feel free to let us know if you need additional assistance!

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Arjiemar,

First thank you for your replies to my questions, but now that I realize that my soundbar connected to my other TCL Roku TV is a smart soundbar 9101X with surround sound, I think that I will connect that to the Roku Plus Series TV with the wireless speakers and put the wireless soundbar with the TCL Roku TV since this is my kitchen TV and not my main TV.

I just want to verify that I can do this connection.  My Roku Plus TV is connected with ethernet.  I will connect the Roku Smart Soundbar to this TV with the ARC or eArc.  Then when I get the wireless speakers, do I connect them to the TV or to the Smart Soundbar?  I did not see a reference to that setup.  I noticed that some people had a problem connecting wireless to a ethernet connection, but I did not have a problem connecting the wireless soundbar to the Roku Plus Series TV.  It detected the wireless soundbar immediately.  Also I understand that if I should have a problem connecting the wireless speakers to the ethernet connected TV, I should disconnect the ethernet to connect speakers then re-connect re-connect the TV to ethernet.  I hope I'm explaining this correctly.  This is the way my brain is understanding what I should do, so please let me know if it is correct.  Also don't forget to tell me if I should connect the wireless speakers to the TV or the smart soundbar.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @whitecloud2,

Thanks for the post,

If you have a Roku Plus Series TV, you can pair a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar and Roku wireless speakers. When Roku wireless speakers are connected to your TV, the speakers inside your TV are disabled. 

For more detailed information, please check this article: How to set up your Roku wireless speakers.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, this was very helpful.  I will pair the wireless speakers to my Roku Smart Soundbar.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
whitecloud2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just would like everyone that gave me help setting up my speakers to know that I received them and have set them up to my Smart Soundbar and everything is working fine.  At first there was no speaking sound coming from the speakers, but you have to set Audio in settings to Movies and TV to get sound out of the speakers.  Thank you for all your help.

0 Kudos