Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Roku Updates constant bugs

I just spent hour and half on phone with TCL trouble shoot my TV since this 10.0.0 4209 build.

I have reproduce the  Gamemode bug twice with ( game does not active and deactivate) when that bug happens the action smoothing bug hits and action smoothing is IS DISABLE on ALL input and ALL settings.

and since this last update from 3 days  nothing but issue,  after almost year of ZERO issue, they refereed to roku 1-816-272-8106 to talk roku cause the issue all happen ever time roku pushes updates and this isnt first update that brought all these issue back. but apparently this number has no phone support. and TCL say ALL update come via Roku, they also aware this problem are accuring on mutli brands running Roku OS.

This is ANOTHER update that make my tv usless to me less i dont change inputs.

TCL 55S515

Build 10.0 4209-30

I cant stop update with actual Disconnect tv from internet which not option. So far ever major update since 9x has brought back the gamemode bug and ever update since 9.4 has brought back motion smoothing bug, which all tend to be triggered but input changes. regardless if CEC automatic changing input or it done manually.

TCL adamant  that if issue start with update and all there trouble shooting didnt fix anything the issue is roku and there updates

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Updates constant bugs

After Talk to TCL I got them to transfer me to supposed Roku agent. cause they cant actual give me actual number to talk to someone.

That supposed open a ticket but didnt give ticket number though and is supposed email about both ticket and updates. winded call again can get someone, they said there was no record of any such call. let alone ticket open under my email.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

sigh according to Tech person I talk on phone, No such issue existance for either Gamemode bug or Action smoothing, despite referring him to these forums where multiple people across tv brand and models have the issue. was on phone with for hour explain this all he didnt even want or ask for track id issue.

The more i have to deal with **bleep** the more i want to strangle Roku and there updates.

0 Kudos

https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-clear-cache-on-roku/  I cleared cache on my roku tv after an update screwed up my picture quality on Discovery+ and Philo, worked like a charm.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

I am still sitting on 10.0.0 4209-30 build, I have not touched my  PS5 in over month I went to do that today,

First thing to happen was when switch to PS5 was I greeted by scrambled image I had change inputs and then back to fix that (this 3 time I seen that happen since 10.0.0 4209-30 build.

After Fixed that I was greeted by the gamemode which glitched and will not engage,  I had to system restart the tv to fix that. This now the 4th Roku update to bring this bug back. plus what ever above issue is plus the Action Smoothing issue.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

@gilbert1968 wrote:

https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-clear-cache-on-roku/  I cleared cache on my roku tv after an update screwed up my picture quality on Discovery+ and Philo, worked like a charm.

this does nothing

well the 5 home 1 up 2 rewind 2 foward system restarts the tv which already knew about and just  temp fix the issue till they happen again

the 2 home 3 up 4 rewind and 5 foward does nothing

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

I will just add more to issue that dont seem to get acknowleged.

I switch to my ps5 today, upon input change gamemode was glitched, I had to System Restart to fix gameode so it would work.

After hour 2 I switched back to Dish input, there was  bunch horizontal on screen. I then noticed GUI for setting was completely curropt or missing with lines. had to switch home which took longer then usual then back to dish to fix that corruption. so you add this to the  scrambled screen i been randomly getting when switching input.

tracker id

Serial=YS002n948284

10.0.0 build 4209-30

timestamp= 2021-08-26t18:19:34Z

ID 94-313-579

I would appreciated if ROKU FIXES what they broke with update so i use my tv without have issue happen everything time i change inputs

0 Kudos