Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bs01

Roku Update made my Roku TV Unusable

I have two Westinghouse 32" Roku TVs, model WR32FE2009. On 4/16/2021, both of these TV's were automatically updated by Roku and I immediately noticed all my channels were now gone. On top of that, I cannot re-add *any* of them. All the channels I used previously such as Youtube, Netflix, and Spotify, are now missing from the channel list (I cannot even search for them). In addition, the Roku Media Player is also missing and can't be added (I have a movie/music hard drive that is now useless. I have tried re-updating, rebooting, and factory/resetting then updating adding channels with zero success (the reset does enable my media player temporarily again but as soon as I put the TV online to get one of my channels back, it auto updates and I am back to square one). I have a third Roku device that this update did not affect, so clearly it is just this model of Roku TV which is essentially "bricked" now and only usable as a monitor. PLEASE FIX.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Update made my Roku TV Unusable

@bs01

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-when did you start to see this issue

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@bs01

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-when did you start to see this issue

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

And I have no doubt, whatsoever, that you will be as helpful after this request is answered, as you have been with all of the other issues I have seen you ask the poster for this information.

Harvini
Roku Guru

Does Roku Actually Check Software Updates Before Launching Them and Bricking TV's?

Just asking for a friend.

Greatfalls
Channel Surfer

Re: Does Roku Actually Check Software Updates Before Launching Them and Bricking TV's?

Spoilers: NOPE

I have a TCL/Roku/TV That I sent back in around in July. my problem was NEVER fixed. My TCL/Roku/Tv was sent back not repaired. I CANNOT watch anything on internet. I had to buy a FIRESTICK in order to watch .anything on internet. I'm really fed up with TCL/Roku. I WILL NOT recommend TCL/Roku/Tv to anyone.