cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steddyjr
Level 7

Roku Ultra (2019) and Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Can I add a roku Streambar but keep using my ultra instead of the built-in roku in the Streambar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra (2019) and Roku Streambar

Jump to solution

Sure, if the tv has enough hdmi inputs. Be sure the streambar is on the hdmi-arc, and if you don't want to see the streambar home screen don't use its remote. If connected right, the sound from any device connected to the tv should be heard through the streambar as well. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sure, if the tv has enough hdmi inputs. Be sure the streambar is on the hdmi-arc, and if you don't want to see the streambar home screen don't use its remote. If connected right, the sound from any device connected to the tv should be heard through the streambar as well. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Steddyjr
Level 7

Jump to solution

Awesome. Thanks for your help!

Brian 

0 Kudos
gold1
Level 7

Jump to solution

1. I am trying to compare the Streambar internal streamer with the Roku Ultra internal streamer, and cannot find a comparison between the two in streaming capability.

2. I thought that with the Streambar I would have much improved clarity of sound while still being able to use voice control and fastest streaming.  Also, since I do not have HDMI ARC, but do have a 2013 LG TV with Optical Digital Audio out, what am I missing out on by not having the ARC?

3. Again, clarity of voice sound is my most important concern (not base or music or surround sound, etc.)

Thanks!

0 Kudos